Education and Innovation Center-Velmax
/ VIC-Velmax /
is non-profit organization founded in 2008 in Prešov ( Slovakia ) with the aim to support regional development and employment in Prešov region.
Our slogan is “For people, business and the region”.
Our mission is to cooperate with qualified and experienced experts and SMEs owners/managers, to support regional competitiveness and internationalisation based on knowledge economy and innovations.
VIC-Velmax mission is to provide the services that will strengthen competitiveness and internationalisation of the actors. By means of seminars, trainings, workshops, networking events and internships we support regional development oriented on:
- entrepreneurial spirit,
- cultural and social spirit,
These should ensure long-term sustainability and growth in the region.
Experience with EU projects:
In our history we had realized the projects mainly in field of ICT trainings for elderly people, trainings for unemployed people and also the projects supporting SMEs competitiveness (education, B2B meetings, internationalisation).
We had implemented the project named “Cross-border regional E-Cooperation” that were implemented in partnership with Prešov University and Rzeszow University within Cross-border Cooperation program Slovakia-Poland with aim to support e-bussiness and e-cooperation in cross-border regions. http://espolupraca.unipo.sk
Also we act as an international contact point / intermediary organisation within the program Erasmus for young Entrepreneurs. www.erasmus-entrepreneurs.eu
The objectives are:
- to help new entrepreneurs from the EU to improve their experiences, learning and networking through periods spent in a company from another Member State run by an experienced entrepreneur.
- Moreover, the project will provide on-the-job-training for NE in SMEs in another country to facilitate a successful start-up and development of their business; foster sharing experiences and information between entrepreneurs; support networking among entrepreneurs from all over the EU and enhance market access and identification of potential partners.
We are an intermediary contact point supporting the EYE program in Slovakia.
The main services provided:
- identifying, organizing and supporting the numbers of internships of new entrepreneurs with experienced entrepreneurs,
- looking for new entrepreneurs for the Exchange,
- looking for experienced managers/entrepreneurs for the exchange/stay.